Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fastelavn!

ahhh! I'm going crazy trying to figure out what I want to do for winter holiday (vinter ferie)! There are so many options! And they all cost money.. darn it! So my main task as of now is to figure out what I want to do for my nine-day school-free holiday.. oh the possibilities!
Yesterday was Fastelavn (pronounced fest ill oww en)! Fastelavn is like a carnival.. just a big party where everyone dresses up! Wikipedia describes it as "a Nordic Halloween" where kids dress up and gather for treats. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_in_Denmark%20) It was so much fun! I went shopping with my pals Bolette and Katja on tuesday to buy costumes at the second hand stores. We had a lot of fun, and I ended up stealing one of Katja's ideas and dressing up as an ice cream cone (is vaffel)! However I was a little doubtful of my costume as I made the cone on Thursday night but I think it turned out pretty good in the end! Or at least as good as an ice cream cone can get! And everyone could guess what I was which in my opinion constitutes a successful costume!
My class had a party at Nicka's house which was awesome! We ate pizza and danced and talked, which is simply the best! Nicka and Stephanie were gansters.. haha.. Katja was a weather woman, Mette and Sara were pirates, David was a samari, Anders was a mad scientist, Nick was the Joker, and Julie was a character from Star wars! At 21.00 we went to the school where EVERYONE was dressed up! The music was blasting and it was SO much fun! I walked home (a 10 minute walk from the school) at 01.00 and crashed in my bed I was so tired!
Julie
Mads
me and Katja
bolette and me
nick
mette and me
mads and mette
mette and Marie
This morning I woke up, showered and rode my bike down the bakery to see my friend Stinna who had to work there early this morning, and buy some fastelavns boller (bread.. or pasteries) which were SO good!I've also rediscovered how much I love my bike. My bikes (yes I have 2) both broke back in November so I've been walking everywhere. It's like one of those things where you say "yes we have to fix that!" and then never get around to it, you know? Bjarke fixed my bike a couple days ago being the wonderful person he is! and now I can cut my traveling time in half by riding my wonderfully fabulous bike! thank god!

2 comments:

court-knee said...

oh lord. how could you party with someone dressed as the joker?! everytime i would see him i would shriek, cry, then faint. not necessarily in that order. even if i didnt look at him i would cry a little just thinkimg that he is in the presence of me. oh geeesh how unfun. and i dont mean to offend your costume making skillz but you look more like an indian with a jelly fish hat.

Anonymous said...

Det se virkeligt godt ud!! :)
Og hvad var du?? Ná´´´h jeg tror vi skal laver noget som det!! :) Hvad tror du om det=