Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Kyla

One more quick blog tonight..

I never got a chance to write about Kyla. On Thursday she left for South Africa - where she
was born-to visit family for 3 months before going home to Australia. Kyla had a get-together at her house on Tuesday night and me and 5 other exchangies spent the night. I had to say goodbye to her on Wednesday morning and it was probably one of the hardest things I've done yet. Even harder than saying goodbye to you guys at home in Alaska. I know it sounds crazy.. but the thing is: even though I miss my friends at home like crazy, I will be home in 9 months and I will see them again. I have no idea when I'll see Kyla again and that makes it even harder to let go. Kyla and I have spent so much time together since I got here and have become really close.. and I will miss her an insane amount.

To you Kyla- because I know you read this- I love you! and I'm thinking about you! Thank you for everything.. I miss you already!

1 comment:

court-knee said...

you better be back in 9 months